You will find a list of resources on this page that may be useful for Third Culture Kids. This by no means an exhaustive list. Neither is it an endorsement but simply a way to share information.
- Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds– the go-to book on the TCK experience
- Growing Up in Transit: The Politics of Belonging at an International School by Danau Tanu on the diversity of Third Culture Kids and structural racism in international schools
- Books on Third Culture Kids and expat living as recommended by the Families in Global Transition, which was co-founded by Ruth Van Reken
- Heidi Tunberg’s pinterest boards feature an extensive collection of books and other resources relating to Third Culture Kids and their families. See also Heidi’s board for TCKs: Asian Third Culture Kids
Asian Third Culture Kids
- TCKs of Asia – an online public form where ‘Third Culture Kids’ share stories from Asia. Their forum recordings are released as part of the Third Culture Stories podcast. (If you are unable to access their website, you can also find information here.)
- Growing Up in Transit: The Politics of Belonging at an International School by Danau Tanu on the diversity of Third Culture Kids with a special focus on Asian Third Culture Kids
- ‘Educating Global Citizens?‘ – a short article that acts as a teaser to Growing Up in Transit
- Other resources such as books, podcasts, and so on.
- TCK Workshop – An online tutoring service for bilingual children founded by Saeko Mizuta, a Tokyo University and Harvard graduate Third Culture Kid. 海外・帰国子女向けオンライン家庭教師。日本語ホームページはこちらへ。
- 『言葉と教育』海外で子どもを育てている保護者のみなさまへ / 中島 和子 著
- Ute’s International Lounge – For multicultural families who want to connect and communicate effectively across languages.
- TCK Relationships & Grief by Ruth Van Reken
- INTERNATIONAL THERAPIST DIRECTORY – Search from over 200 professional counselors and therapists in over 35 countries around the world — and online — who specialize in serving the internationally-mobile, TCK, and expat community.